(Aug. 4, 1888-Dec. 11, 1973). A native of Indianapolis and graduate of, Fermor Spencer Cannon studied architecture at the University of Illinois, graduating in 1911. Upon returning to Indianapolis, he worked two years for architect before establishing his own practice (1913-1929).
As an architect, Cannon is noted for designing theon Fall Creek and fieldhouse ( ). Cannon also assisted in designing the Interurban Freight Terminal, built in the early 1920s at 500 Kentucky Avenue by a partnership of four interurban lines. Reputed to be the largest in the country, the terminal consisted of two cement and brick fireproof buildings (one 928 feet long, the other 400 feet) surrounded by three miles of tracks and switches (see ).
In the 1920s, Cannon switched to a career in banking. He served as the president ofof Indianapolis (1931-1954), a business founded by his father in 1887, and later became chairman of the board (1954-1958). A model train enthusiast, Cannon also served as president of the Indianapolis (1941).