An Editorial Board establishes editorial policy and works with the editors to ensure fair, comprehensive, and inclusive development of content.
Editorial Board Members
- James Madison, Chair
Professor Emeritus of History
- Keira Amstutz
- A’Lelia Bundles
Journalist and author
- Marlene Dotson
Indiana Latino Institute
- Charlene Fletcher
- David Hampton
Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Sean Huddleston
- John Krull
Director, Pulliam School of Journalism
- Anita Morgan
Department of History, IUPUI
- Richard Pierce
Associate Professor of History
University of Notre Dame
- Sandy Eisenberg Sasso
Congregation Beth-El Zedek
- Gail Thomas Strong
Vice President for Community Engagement
- David Wantz
Independent Colleges of Indiana
- Special Advisor
Robert G. Barrows
Professor Emeritus, IUPUI
An Editorial Staff consisting of editor-in-chief, managing editor, associate managing editor, and research associates develop content, commission and verify entries, and ensure adherence to editorial policies.
Subject matter experts and citizen committees assist in identifying content. A list of all committees and expert consultants is here.
We encourage users of the encyclopedia to suggest entries, contribute information and materials (e.g., photos, documents, etc.), make corrections, and help the editorial staff to improve this resource. Each entry includes information on how to offer comments and suggestions. Or use this link for advice and forms for making suggestions.
- Encyclopedia of Indianapolis (EOI) editors compile lists of proposed entries.
- Editorial Board approves entry selection.
- The editorial staff determine length and identifies authors, who enter into an agreement with EOI.
- Submitted entries are reviewed and approved by editorial staff.
- Entries may be reviewed by the Editorial Board, when appropriate.
- Image editor identifies possible images for inclusion.
- Managing editor reviews the text for accuracy, completeness, consistency, and clarity.
- Editor in chief conducts final review of entry and approves for publication.